To make each meal count! A day only has three meals.
Great food != expensive
Remember your family/friend/grandmother's meal?
Order things you usually don't like in good places
You do not like them because bad places cook them wrong, give them a try.
Go to the countryside, small villages to eat
Where life is authentic, likely found authentic food.
Be nice to waiters (but really be nice to everyone)
They will tell you honestly what is good/bad. Usually, they are friends with Chef. The owner also trust them and will be more friendly if the waiter says you're a good customer.
Read reviews, study the menu
Trust local review sites, remain skeptical.
Tabelog for Japan, Yelp for US, TripAdvisor and Google Maps.
Eat at places
- Customers know the boss
- Staff all speak local languages
Do not eat at places
- Look touristy, eat where the locals eat
- Posting crappy pictures (in general pictures) outside the restaurant
- We have multilingual menus!
- They have all kinds of food from every region
- They also provide food from all over the world
- Not serve local cuisines
- Do not eat at places that menu has no price (unless you know)