Living on earth means doing damages, there is no way we can avoid. But there are many ways we can do to offset the damages.
As an individual cant change the world or industry, donation is a way to offset the damage. Apart from 1% for the Planet, recently I have found a electricity provider in Japan that their electricity is sourced from green energy: 自然電力. I start with their CO2 cut plan to see if the bill is roughly the same as other providers.
I also learned something recently called SDG, Sustainable Development Goals. SDG is a collection of 17 interlinked goals for sustainable future:
- No Poverty
- Zero Hunger
- Good Health and Well-being
- Quality Education
- Gender Equality
- Clean Water and Sanitation
- Affordable and Clean Energy
- Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Industry Innovation and Infrastructure
- Reducing Inequality
- Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Responsible Consumption and Production
- Climate Action
- Life Below Water
- Life On Land
- Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
- Partnerships for the Goals
Offseting, one step at a time.