Before you buy anything, read this.
People sometimes ask me what do I buy for X in Japan. Here is a list of things I have:
Since I live in Japan, majority of things I prefer Japanese brands.
- Knife (日本橋木屋)
- Kitchen Paper Holder (hanauta)
- Cast Iron pot (Vermicular)
(1) Cook at lower temperatures than you're used to or oil will burn off
(2) Never leave it wet
(3) Re-season with oil after each use
- Rice cooker (Vermicular)
- The light (BALMUDA)
- airweave ピロー、布団
- AiR pillow
- 西川 羽毛布団
- Chopstick (山田平安堂)
Never leave it wet.
- Drain Rack for tiny apartment (be worth style)
- Tabio for Socks
Most of them found on Good Design Award.
Before I only buy cheapest things, but they are always broken very soon. Now I like nicer, higher quality things which have longevity.