I am constantly thinking about learning languages, what is the best way to learn... I am not going to talk about the best way to learn a language, benefits of learning languages instead.
Lera Boroditsky How language shapes the way we think at TEDWoman 2017.
- Kuuk thaayorre communicate heavily on Cardinal direction
- Color specturm support in languages
- Some language does not count things
- Language has gramartical gender, shape how people think, change how people describe things
- Each language has a "focus", people focus on different things.
=> Linguistic diversity is awesome!
Gaining contexts in different culture based on the language usage, see weird or different.