I‘m not looking for work but you should definitely checkout my friend:
HAPPY STAR WARS DAY! I'm unemployed.— Jonan Scheffler (@thejonanshow) May 4, 2020
It seems the world is experiencing a decreased need for developer advocates in the total absence of events so I'm looking for engineering roles. Anyone need a Rubyist? Gopher? Pythonista? Reactionary? (this is what React devs are called now)
Hello, my future employers, colleagues, and internet friends. Thank you for checking in! I‘m Juanito based in Tokyo.
Following might show you a better sense of what I did:
- Automatic Dependency Update Service (deppbot, now retired)
- Automation tool runs on Continuous Integration services
- Data Migration for company acquisitions
- Localizations, Internationalizations, and Compliance product work
- Recruiting people for company I work
What I‘m looking for
- Chances to be a polyglot in technologies
- Extracting internal into Open Source
- Open Source work (libraries, language clients, framework)
- Improving tooling and engineering standards
- Document working practices, document everything
- Company has Japan presence who wants to expand in APAC
- Learn from people about how they make business decisions
- Warm, kind, supportive colleagues in high-trust environment
- Working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
- A place where we can easily expense work related books
These are things I‘m looking for, does not need to have all.
Q: Your Visa situation?
I can work legally in Japan until 2022. I can work legally in Taiwan.
Q: Would you relocate to _________?
I could relocate for great opportunity, but I do love Japan so very much.
Q: Business trips? Onboarding for few weeks in _______?
Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I don‘t know. Being specific limits the potentials. I can‘t know for sure how things will go in 5 years. I assume I‘ll be happier, find new interests, make new friends, doing something cooler than my present self could possibly imagine.
Native Chinese, professional English, good enough Japanese, laughable Korean, Spanish, and French.
Q: Cat or Dog?
Both, but I slightly prefer cat
Nothing for me? No problem. Retweet is so welcome Thanks!
Looking forward to hearing from you!