Disclaimer: I am not from Ruby Core team.
I want to write this because I see Python got a fantastic documentation on how to contribute to CPython.
- Ruby Issue Tracker: https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/
- All Issues
- Source Code https://github.com/ruby/ruby
ko1: Koichi Sasada. Ruby Core team. Author of YARV VM.
(1) Introduction of MRI development culture
(2) MRI source code structure
(3) Exercise: Add methods to Ruby
(4) Fixing bugs
(5) Performance improvements
Best to create a ticket on issue tracker to discuss first.
Add features only for trunk. No cosmetic changes. Check here for coding style of CRuby codebase. Include a benchmark with BenchmarkDriver.
git clone https://github.com/ruby/ruby.git cd ruby
- Standard Libraries
- CRuby source (requires C knowledge)
- Make ruby work on other platforms
Ruby Mailing List to read the conversations in the community and ruby core developer meeting notes also post there.
Discourse provide a mirror for the mailing list.
git clone https://github.com/ruby/ruby.git cd ruby autoconf ./configure --disable-install-doc make -j make check
Report or fix test failure.
Yes. They accept patches that do not have a lot of changes. But better open an issue first.